Monday, April 8, 2013

[General] Unable to change permissions or delete a specific file WITH root


Hello Gentlemen. Sorry to disturb you with a noob question but I cannot solve it for the life of me and I have tried everything I could find on the forums. I have an Aluratek Cinepad AT107F. I have successfully rooted it. I have full super user permissions and I have no problems deleting any files or folders EXCEPT one directory. Let me explain the situation.

I recently did a firmware update and it included brand new APKs for Youtube, also added Google Play Support, and added Angry Birds.

I am unable to update Youtube to the latest version. It gives a "Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again.".

So I attempted to do just what it had asked. I rooted just to do this. I tried removing it with Titanium Backup, I tried Root Uninstaller, I tried Root Explorer, I tried deleting using the "adb shell rm" command. I still get a "Read-only file system".

Even though I have root and granted root access to Root Explorer, I am unable to change the permissions for this /oem/apps/ directory. It's on the top level of the internal memory. I have no external SD card.

I've spent 10+ hours trying to figure this out and I'm sure someone knows something that I don't and can fix this super easy. I'm asking for your help, you're my only hope!



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...