Monday, April 8, 2013

[android help] Android Terminal-IDE: terminal-gcc error: arm-eabi-gcc not found


I'm using Terminal-IDE as my development environment. (Google code site here.)


Please Note


The Terminal-IDE environment is unique and its problems are likely unique. Would someone with enough "reputation" PLEASE create the tag "Terminal-IDE" for us? I don't have enough...


I'm running Terminal-IDE v 2.02 - the very latest. My Android versions are:


  • Android 4.0.3

  • Software version 2.14.531.3 71ORD

  • (the rest aren't likely pertinent, but more on request)

I'm in a suitable development directory with a simple enough c source code file ready and run 'make'.


I have never yet gotten any compilation to work successfully. Most likely, there's a version mis-match with regard to what executable is available versus what the software is looking for.


Here's the command and error message:



terminal-gcc -c -Wall -I/data/data/com.spartacusrex.spartacuside/files/local/include tester.c -o tester.o
/data/data/com.spartacusrex.spartacuside/files/system/bin/terminal-gcc[43]: arm-eabi-gcc: not found
make: *** [tester.o] Error 127


Snafu, of course. I'm not at all sure how to find out what the right compiler file name(s) should be because, on this non-rooted phone, I don't have permissions to hunt through the PATH and find the actual executables.


It may also be that PATH is set wrong. All input appreciated.



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...