Monday, April 8, 2013

[android help] Copyrighting published code so that others don't copile and sell my work

android - Copyrighting published code so that others don't copile and sell my work - Stack Overflow




















Basically I have some code published online. It is very unlikely that anybody will find it and/or link it to my android app. (project and product names differ). I Just want to include a license agreement in my published code that protects me from someone else using my code to do the exact same thing to compete against me.


I have looked at the GNU public license but it is copy left. Does that mean I can not claim this right on my code if I plan on selling it?


I think what I want is the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Which states others can't use my code for commercial use. But does that mean I can't use the code for commercial use?


Thanks
















Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.










default







.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...