Wednesday, April 10, 2013

[General] How to Backup SMS and photos from Stock Android


I've done a search, but I didn't find much.

I have a Galaxy Nexus, unrooted and with a locked bootloader. I want to root it, unlock it whatever and install some ROMs on it. I need to save all the texts and photos I've taken with it.

But most backup programs don't work without root/unlocked bootloader. I spent 6 hours trying to install Carbon App Sync to backup my files, but it doesn't offer me the option of saving to PC, which is what the free option is supposed to have. (I synced it with the Desktop program). I have the choice of saving to internal memory, which is great, except that the Gnex doesn't have a SD card (thanks for pushing us into using your cloud google) and so any backup I make will be wiped out when I root/unlock the bootloader.

It seems such a simple thing, but Android and all these apps have made it nearly impossible. I just want to get my texts and photos off this phone before I root it. How can I do this? Thanks.



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...