Wednesday, April 10, 2013

[android help] Seeking solution to multiple resolutions


Android Development


Is there a so-called "Best" way to account for placement of objects and/or images given the dizzying amount of resolutions to account for?


Some random info from my perspective (hoping some of it helps): - My app (game technically) is forcing horizontal view. - I want my app to show the exact same real estate regardless of the size or resolution of the users' device. - I am only going back and supporting android v2.2 and up


The issue I have found is my assets end up displaced when viewed in a different resolution. The solution, to me, seems like it would be to place things based on percentages of DPI. Unfortunately I am both unclear on how to accomplish this, as well as unsure that this is the best course of action.


Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.


Thanks, Acidon


PS - Are there "frames" as in C# where its own content will not move regardless of resolution? I mean, are there pockets like this I could create that would remain unchanged regardless. This would help the end goal if such a thing does exist.



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...