Wednesday, April 10, 2013

[android help] How do I set my Java SDK when creating an Android project in IntelliJ?

How do I set my Java SDK when creating an Android project in IntelliJ? - Stack Overflow




















I'm trying to get an Android project running in IntelliJ by following the JetBrain instructions here but run into an error message when trying to Select the Project Template (step #2). The error is


"Cannot Create SDK


You need to configure a Java SDK first".


I'm doing this on a mac and followed the first page of instructions before the ones linked above. In particular:


  • I ran the command "tools/android update sdk --no-ui" from the terminal after downloading only the Android SDK content. I mention this because it says to "run the SDK Manager", but I see nothing of the sort in what I've unpacked. Running the aforementioned command downloaded and installed many Android API versions and revisions.

  • The JDK I downloaded was jdk-7u17. I installed it; is that all I need to do?

The error for "configure a Java SDK first" comes up when I press the "New..." button in step 2. Does anyone know how I can configure my Java SDK? Is there something I missed or that is missing from the JetBrain instructions?


Clicking New... causes the error here.
















Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.










lang-java







.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...