Thursday, March 28, 2013

[Q] Black screen after Odin ROM flash




Default[Q] Black screen after Odin ROM flash




Hi,

I have a cracked screen, so I bought a bricked S2 off gumtree. I'm having a go at getting it to run again. So far all I know is that the previous owner was in the middle of flashing Odin, it said that the flash failed, and then he was unable to boot the phone any more. No powerup, no vol+home+power. No nothing.

The guy seems straight-up, I've no reason to suspect any more damage than reported. I've been in contact with him after the sale, and gave him a guilt-free opportunity to fess up in case he had done anything else.

I made a microUSB jig, and had a go with that, but no luck.

Is there anything else I can try?

--------

Secondary question (if I can't get the new phone up and running) - changing over the screens: would I dismantle both phones and move the screen from the new brick to my phone? or would I move the motherboard from the old/cracked to the new?



Read more...

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...