Saturday, April 27, 2013

[General] Instagram Comment Notifications...


I wasn't sure where to post this one...so General Help is where I put it.

Ever since I first started using Instagram, my understanding regarding comments on someone's photos was that you had to @tag them, even in their own photo, for them to get a notification that you commented. Which is different than Facebook where you would just get a notification no matter what.

Or put another way, if someone comments on one of my photos without @tagging me, I will not receive a notification. Instagram notifications are coming to my phone though, because if someone likes one of my photos, I will get a notification.

Anyway...this has never been a problem...I just thought that was the way it was. But I got into an argument with my daughter about this very subject this morning when she told me that was not the case. We tested this theory out, and sure enough, she did get a notification on her iPad when I commented on one of her photos without @tagging her, and I did not receive a notification on my NoteII when she commented on one of my photos , until she @tagged me.

So that left me wondering, is this just a difference between the iOS app and the Instagram app. Seems hard to imagine...that would be a pretty big oversight. But that has been the case on both my EVO3D and Note II.

So that was a long way of asking, do any of you fellow Android users who are on Instagram receive notifications if someone comments on one of your photos without @tagging you?



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...