Saturday, April 27, 2013

[android help] Get the selected radio button value outside oncheckedchanged in android?

Get the selected radio button value outside oncheckedchanged in android? - Stack Overflow







Tell me more ×

Stack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

















I am working on android. In my page I have radio buttons and I need to get the selected radio button value. My issue is I am able to get the selected radio button value only in that onCheckedChanged method. But when I am trying to print the value outside the onCheckedChanged method it is not printing. How can I get the value outside that method? Please help me out with this. I need the value outside also.



My code:

radiogroup = (RadioGroup) new RadioGroup(Page.this);

layout.addView(radiogroup);

for (int p = 0; p < arr.length; p++) {
RadioButton newRadioButton = new RadioButton(Test.this);

newRadioButton.setText(stringList6.get(p));
newRadioButton.setTextColor(Color.parseColor("#000000"));

radbtn = Integer.parseInt(stringList5.get(p));
newRadioButton.setId(radbtn);

radiogroup.addView(newRadioButton);

}


radiogroup.setOnCheckedChangeListener(new RadioGroup.OnCheckedChangeListener() {

public void onCheckedChanged(RadioGroup radioGroup,
int checkedId) {

for (int h = 0; h < radioGroup.getChildCount(); h++) {
RadioButton btn = (RadioButton) radioGroup.getChildAt(h);

if (btn.getId() == checkedId) {

selectedop1 = btn.getId();
System.out.println("selected radio button"+ selectedop1);

return;
}

}

}

});

























You can use getCheckedRadioButtonId method of RadioGroup, which will return id of the selected radio Button



int checkedid=radiogroup.getCheckedRadioButtonId();


Which will return radiobuttonid, if the any of the radiobutton in the RadioGroup is selected, and -1 when NO selection.























make a check whether it is checked get its value.




















default






.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...