Saturday, April 27, 2013

[android help] android connections problems with cc2540


I am developing a very simple App for a final year Degree project, It's a simple Proximity Application where once a Bluetooth device moves beyond the range, it creates a supervisor timeout which triggers an alarm.


My main problem is actually trying to make a connection with a TI CC2540 (KeyFob). I have loaded the demo software as provided by TI, all works well with Btool etc. and I am using a HTC Desire C (ICS, BT4.0), which does pair with the CC2540. I have put together an APP, but have recently downloaded the BTChat Example from the Android SDK. The Example App recognises the Keyfob, and even gets the correct Mac Address but as soon as I try to connect with it, it doesn't connect (Establish a Link). I have carried out a lot of research and thought my problem may lie in the area of the UUID (128) but I am unable to find the correct UUID for the device. Incidentally I have used the common one from the Android Dev Website, plus derivatives but with no success.


I eventually found an existing App for an Iphone (Bluetooth Smart Scanner) which did recognise my device but gave a 'null' response for the UUID.


I am at a loss about where to go, could anybody point me in the right direction?


best regards Wayne



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...