Wednesday, May 1, 2013

[android help] Is there a way to programmatically discover specifics about an Android device's GPU?

Is there a way to programmatically discover specifics about an Android device's GPU? - Stack Overflow







Tell me more ×

Stack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

















I have searched the internet including developer.android.com. I have read this Stack Overflow post: how to query android device hardware info. I am aware of System.getProperties().


My question is: is there a way to programmatically discover specific information about the GPU on a particular Android device? Is it at least possible to get the make and model of the GPU on a device?


Or, should I just use the MANUFACTURER and MODEL fields of the Build class to infer the GPU that is used on that particluar device?


My ends in regard to this question is to find a way to identify the graphics processing capability of devices that my apps run on so that I can adjust the graphics processing demands of my apps accordingly.


Thanks, Chris





























You can use glGetString() with GL_VENDOR to determine the GPU vendor name and GL_RENDERER to determine the GPU name.


Check out the documentation























default






.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...