Wednesday, May 1, 2013

[android help] How to access FTP server in android

How to access FTP server in android - Stack Overflow








Tell me more ×

Stack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

















I am working on a project where I need to access FTP server using its domain, username and password. I want to save data and retrieve data from there.


Please suggest any solution for this.


























Look for commons net apache library - http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-net/. It provides a tools for work with FTP.


Code example for download video file.



FileOutputStream videoOut;
File targetFile = new File("path");

FTPClient ftpClient = new FTPClient();
try {
ftpClient.connect("your.ftp.address", 21);
ftpClient.enterLocalPassiveMode();
ftpClient.login("login", "password");

ftpClient.setFileType(FTPClient.BINARY_FILE_TYPE);// Used for video
targetFile.createNewFile();
videoOut = new FileOutputStream(targetFile);
boolean result=ftpClient.retrieveFile("/" + "filename-to-download", videoOut);

ftpClient.disconnect();
videoOut.close();

} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (Exception e){
e.printStackTrace();
}


I don't work with file upload but I think there are a lot of examples in web.























To Upload file, I used this code in one project. I got code from this link : AndroidDemo


Also, this guys is using it in secured way.


I hope this can help you out.

















Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.







default







.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...