Wednesday, May 1, 2013

[android help] Can HTML5 access native components


I have a question. Can an HTML5 page interact with native components in android?


What i am trying to achieve is that on a HTML5 page that displays a list of content. i want to create a notification that some content has arrived.?


Im guessing, a way to do this is to use a webview and display my HTML5 content there but how to do get callback from the webview so that i can notify a user that some content has arrived via notifications bar that can be access using native android coding?


I already know how to create notifications on android and how to create a webview, i just need to find a way to send data from html5 page to a android component and possibly vice versa.


Can this be achievable or too ambitious?



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...