Wednesday, May 1, 2013

[android help] Android NFC project - Several Questions


By now I'm developing some physical control access system based on NFC technology. I'm using NFC shield PN532 shield from Adafruit for development and as communication master a PIC microcontroller by I2C bus. I'm detecting tag's and all, but my goal is to use NFC Android phones to individual identification in my reader.


1) The problem is that I find out in some forums discussion that "chip emulation mode" in Android phones is not possible. Here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/android-developers/oJzeLJALdG8


2) I'm guessing if there is any way by building a App for Android that communicate in any other way, like P2P for example, and change data with my "reader" (Shield from Adafruit - PN532 from NXP).Is there any way?


3)Assuming there is a way. I found out that the newer android nfc phones have NFC hardware from NXP, unlike the new nexus 4 that is a cheap evoluted nfc android phone(that is in my financial range) that come equipped with FC hardware (Broadcom). I verified at http://andytags.com/nfc-tags-nexus-4--10-compatibility.html#.UYES9bXvss4 that came up some problems related with "read/write mode" with mifare classic tag's (that are not 100% compatible with nfc forum specs) and the compability with different android phones with different chips brands is yet proved(tranfering files in P2P mode). What should I do, supposing I'm developing some product prototype?


Hope you can help! Thanks !


César Cardoso



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...