Wednesday, May 1, 2013

[android help] How would I figure out which friends of a user is also using my app?

android - How would I figure out which friends of a user is also using my app? - Stack Overflow







Tell me more ×

Stack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

















I´m building a webapp+android app and thought it would be useful if I could show "UserA" which of his friends that also use the service.


User authentication is done through google oath2 so I have access to the email of all users.


What I´m wondering is how I would structure such a query? Since what I basically have is


  • Users possibly huge list of people UserA:(userB@gmail.com, user..)

  • The users in my database (userA@gmail.com, userB@gmail.com, ..)

  • Whether the "friendship" is reciprocal or not UserB:(userA@gmail.com, user..) || (UserC@gmail.com, user..)

I would prefer not to have a "are we friends yes/no" system and looping through a users entire contactlist seems very wasteful. The backend runs on php+mysql.


How would I actually query for the list of people I´m interested in?





























There is a known feature request for an API call that can do this. If you'd like to track this progress of this API call, you can star the following issues to get email updates on it. https://code.google.com/p/google-plus-platform/issues/detail?id=531























default






.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...