Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Trying to install Cyanogen, can't even get to unlocking the phone


So the steps on how to install Cyanogen mod are very difficult. I find myself back-tracking all the time.
You can't just simply start there, first you have to unlock your phone, right?
Then root it? Then install Cyanogen mod, but in between all of that you have to install the Nexus 4 toolkit, which i did, and it says that it's unable to find my drivers.
I've done so much to fix this but it's fruitless. I've uninstalled my drivers, turned my computer (I have windows 8) back on so it'll re-install them, got the LG drivers pack, went to the XDA forums were they gave me the right link to download more drivers, still nothing. I saw were i can download gingerbreak on my phone without the hassle of a computer but i wanted to ask the community if that was okay.
I'm just tired of trying to find the problem, I spent a good 6 hours last night just trying to install the drivers and nothing happened. I need help.



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...