Tuesday, April 2, 2013

[Q] How do I tell if I have OTA update from 18January2012




Question[Q] How do I tell if I have OTA update from 18January2012




I just got the Note 2 from Newegg (for verizon) and after reading through a lot of the threads on this forum like:


How to Unlock Your Bootloader - Firmware Version VRALJB

and

[Q] Stock restore Fail at sboot.bin

and

Questions about Unlocking or Recovering from a Soft Brick

I guess there's issues with the OTA verizon pushed out and the first guide won't work if you have the OTA. Well long story short, how can I tell for sure if the phone I've received had the latest updates put on it before I got it?

My build says VRALJB, does that mean I'm good and I still have the older version? Would it say VRALL4 if the OTA had been applied?

In a related question, would it be wise to simply update to VRALL4 now, use the new method to jailbreak, and then continue on my merry way? Would this alleviate any worries of the OTA getting applied and breaking my root / possibly bricking my phone??

Thanks for any help for a noob. I tried to do research first!



.

forums.androidcentral.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...