Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Huawei Ascend G300 extSD Mounting Problems


Hi there,

I was hoping someone could give me a bit of advice regarding some issues I'm having with my smartphone and an external SD card. I've recently bought a new SanDisk microSDHC card from Amazon to use in my phone but I keep having problems with it staying mounted. I've made a list below of what's been tried and what I think but I'm not much more than a novice when it comes to SD cards so I really would like a more expert opinion. Also, I know this particular subject has had it's fair share of limelight but I thought it's worth a shot asking anyway...

-Phone is rooted Huawei Ascend G300 with stock B936 ROM
-SD card is a SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 32GB Class-10 UHS-I Memory Card
- Keep getting the notification 'SD card unexpectedly removed'. That's then followed either by the SD card re-mounting itself or the phone re-booting itself.
- The rate at which the SD card unmounts itself varies alot. Sometimes, it could be hours between unmounts or seconds.
-Have tried formatting to FAT, FAT32, splitting into 2 separate FAT32 partitions etc
-Have tried erasing all data on extSD card and even factory-reset phone (I did that because someone from the Vodafone Tech Team suggested it might solve the issue and I don't keep much more than apps so it's no big deal)
- I've read that there could be a hardware problem with the phone (apparently it likes to revert to internal storage randomly) but then I've also read that this particular SD card is not very consistent in it's quality (check forums and Amazon reviews)
-If it's a hardware problem, wouldn't the unmounting occur regardless or the firmware? I never had these problems with Gingerbread on the exact same phone
- Previously bought the equivalent 64GB SD card from SanDisk. It later developed similiar mounting issues and soon died (I know this sounds contradictory to the previous point but with the 64GB, it was really a case of 'working, then not working'. The 32GB is less consistent in it's mounting issues)

I'm considering returning the card for a different brand as the card's still in the return-date. What would be your personal favourite alternative to SanDisk? Plus, I ran what I suspect to be a fake 256MB SanDisk in my phone for more than a week to trial whether it worked or not and it worked without a hitch...

Thanks,

Rob



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...