Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Elonex eTouch 1000ET sort of bricked & need to root it.


I have an Elonex ET1000-ET 10" tablet, it went totally brick last year and I have managed to successfully download and install the latest (2.2) version of Android available for it from Elonex.
However this install has a hosts file that contains many entries for Google websites, net effect is that I am unable to set up GMail and Play-Store/Android-Market.
They fail to get through the Google login/signin process.
Other stuff works fine, yahoo e-mail, BBC websites, etc.

I've looked up on the net about the Google specific signon issue and know I need to root the device to be able to edit the hosts file, but I can't download apps from the store.
This particular model of eTouch does not appear as a drive on my Vista Laptop when linked via USB cable and I'm unable to run anything useful on either device to talk in any way. It does not have bluetooth and does not appear as a device on wi-fi, it just talks to my router.

The only avenue I seem to have is to place file(s) onto a micro-SD card on the laptop and then physically pop the micro-SD card into the Elonex.

So helpful advice please on just how I can manage to root the Elonex while being unable to communicate with it except direct from non-google websites or via micro-SD card file transfer.



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...