Thursday, May 2, 2013

[General] Help! With Google Play Music or other remote options


So here's my story. I hitched my wagon to a Nexus Q last year (free, so no biggie) specifically so I could stream my music library in Play Music remotely using my Droid phone and Nexus 7 tablet. Worked great until a couple months ago when the latest release of Play Music came. Since that release, it seems the connection is broken between the two devices after a few songs. I can get it working again by factory resetting the Q, but it's annoying to have to do that every 30 minutes or so. Google Support couldn't get to the bottom of this.

So if no one has an answer, I'm looking for new options. I need to be able to remotely control my music from my phone (within network range of course) to my TV/receiver. I can't seem to find the right combo with existing equipment. I have a PS3 there as an option too, but not seeing a workable app for that with a phone remote app. Google TV seems like an option, but can I remotely control that without viewing the TV screen (ie see all options on the phone app)?

Edit: to be clear, I would like the full functionality of the music library on the remote device (choosing songs, shuffle, skip, etc), not just a remote that allows limited functionality. With the previous setup, I ran the Play Music app on the phone and the music was streamed via bluetooth to the Q.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...