Thursday, May 2, 2013

[android help] how to use GCM in android

how to use GCM in android - Stack Overflow







Tell me more ×

Stack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

















I propose a new question: I think the communication between android and server by sockets is difficult


I speak with my friends it proposes me a solution: use the GCM


month then give an idea or example uses this concept


I found this book: http://www.academia.edu/2200380/SENDING_SECURE_DATA_BETWEEN_AN_ANDROID_MOBILE_APPLICATION_AND_A_NETWORK_GROUND_STATION

And the question is, how to use gcm between server and Android?





























Communication between android and server is I believe not applicable with GCM, GCM is intended to be a server to client pushing service, for example your wish to tell your client there is some data updates you need to fetch. So your server will push a message to client, using GCM.


For client to server communication, the easiest IMO would be using some Http server or web services. As for securing you can always go for SSL.




















default






.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...