Tuesday, April 9, 2013

[General] Should I replace my touch screen or LCD screen, or both?


Hi, This is my first post and I have a quick question. My phone screen is not working properly. I have a 1.5 year old HTC Evo Shift 4G. Basically there is an area towards the top of the phone that usually wont react to me pressing it. Also, throughout the day the touchscreen will go haywire and register clicks that I am not making. It will also get stuck on the home screen and switch between home screens all on its on as if I’m swyping when I’m not. The screen looks fine and there are no scratches. It has been dropped over the years, but I’ve never cracked the screen. If I turn the screen off and then back on again, it will work for a few seconds before acting as if I’m tapping it all over. I also used to be able to fix it by pushing down hard on certain parts of the screen, but this no longer fixes it.

I plan on either replacing the touch screen digitizer or the LCD display, or both, but I’m not sure if I need to replace everything, or just one part. Please help.

Thank you



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...