Tuesday, April 9, 2013

[android help] Bizarre exceptions being thrown in android activity


So, I have an android app to finish making for a project, the same one as I asked questions about here before but this time I'm having trouble with a completely different aspect. Since the app is about Pokémon, in one activity I have some TextViews, EditTexts and a button set up to make an IV calculator. If you're curious and don't know what "IVs" are in Pokémon, google it of course. Anyway, getting back on track...this image here I put together highlights my problem (http://oi45.tinypic.com/faodvk.jpg)


Above the boxed line you see there is a ClassCastException thrown saying cannot cast from type TextView to EditText...I know what that means in a general sense but I cannot fathom why it is occurring here because as you can see in the relevant line of code (which i pasted into the image) the part of that line that involves casting is casting from View (return type of findViewById) to EditText. The arg R.id.EditText06 IS referring to an EditText in my activity so I don't see where the bad casting attempt is supposedly occurring. Just for a little clarification of the context of this, this is part of stuff coded into the OnClickListener of the button.


Apologies if this question seems perhaps incomplete as regards content shown about the problem but it is quite late for me (so much so that I'm going to bed upon posting this) and please do ask for me to post other stuff if you feel you need it to try to help me.



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...