Sunday, April 21, 2013

[General] Help With Streaming Music From One Android Phone To Another


Hi Everyone,

Let me start off by explaining what I would like to accomplish. I have my primary android phone (Nexus 4) and an old android phone (MyTouch 4g). I would like to set up an "AirPlay" like system on a nice (but outdated) stereo system using DLNA. I was thinking about doing this by using my primary phone as the Digital Media Server (DMS), and my old android phone as the Digital Media Player (DMP).
See for more info on DLNA.
The primary phone - DMS, would be used to send the music to the old phone - DMP, which would then output the music via 3.5mm jack into the aux on my stereo. The only downfall I can think of to this setup would be the fact that I would have to dedicate a phone to the stereo, but that's not a problem because I don't use it anyway!

I would appreciate any help I can get on this. I did lots of searching around and found apps such as iMediaShare Lite and BubbleUPnP, which are servers, rather than players.

Thanks, and have a great day!



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...