Sunday, April 21, 2013

[android help] SQL/Ruby On Rails Project


For a school project, we are to create an android application that incorporates a server some sensors and uses a data source, so I have decided to make a Geo-caching clone, but for my local university.


The university suggests using Axis2 but I have decided to use Ruby on Rails for the server part. I have never learnt Ruby on Rails so I have been reading tutorials and guides online, so I am still a newbie!


Currently I have a User Model setup, with an association with Items. The user Model has a fields of name and email. While the items have a location, name and a keyword.


What I want the server to be able to do, is when a user creates a new item and uploads its coordinates, a keyword is randomly generated, and returned back to the user, is there anyway this can be done?



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...