Tuesday, April 23, 2013

[android help] How to detect special characters in an edit text and display a Toast in response (Android)?


An apology for my bad English, I'm using google translate.


I'm creating an activity in which users must create a new profile. I put a limit to edit text of 15 characters and I want that if the new profile name has spaces or special characters display a warning. As online video games


The following code helps me to detect spaces, but not special characters.


I need help to identify special characters and display a warning in response.


@Override public void onClick(View v) {



//Convertimos el contenido en la caja de texto en un String
String nombre = nombreUsuario.getText().toString();


//Si el tamaño del String es igual a 0, que es es lo mismo que dijeramos "Si esta vacio"
if (nombre.length() == 0){

//Creamos el aviso
Toast aviso = Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), "Por favor introduce un nombre de Usuario", Toast.LENGTH_LONG);
aviso.show();

}else if (nombre.contains(" ")| nombre.contains("\\W")) {
Toast aviso = Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), "No son permitidos los espacios ni los caracteres especiales", Toast.LENGTH_LONG);
aviso.show();

}else{
nombre = nombreUsuario.getText().toString();
//Conectamos con la base de datos
//Creamos un bojeto y lo iniciamos con new
Plantilla entrada = new Plantilla(CrearUsuarioActivity.this);
entrada.abrir();
//creamos un metodo para escribir en la base de datos (crear entradas)
entrada.crearEntrada(nombre);
entrada.cerrar();


.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...