Saturday, April 13, 2013

[General] Old Droid X, now what?


I have a Droid X that is no longer in use as a phone, I switched to an iPhone on my renewal. Nothing against Android, it's just that the iPhone fits my device needs better. However, I don't want to let the Droid go to waste. So, I was thinking I'd do a factory reset and set it up as a "set top box" for online content to my TV and/or get an OBDII reader and GPS software for it and use it as a multifunction car computer (navigation and diagnostic code reader).

So today, I went into the device settings and did a factory reset. Now I'm stuck on the phone activation screen. I cannot activate it as a phone, because I'm not using it as a phone anymore. So now what?

It's running the latest (and last?) firmware available for it via Verizon, 2.3.4. I am now not afraid to try re-rooting and/or custom roms on it, as it is a spare device. If it bricks, I've lost nothing. Where do I start?



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...