Saturday, April 13, 2013

[android help] Receiving GTalk messages in own app?


I'm new to Android Development. I'm a big fan of Android's Inbuilt Talk app, but what I hate about it is lack of customizable notification, so I decided to develop an app for it.


My requirement is an app that keeps watch over GTalk, and display pre-customized notifications when a message is received.


Please note that I don't want my app to ask user for GTalk username or password. I'm aware of Asmack library, but it is more useful for an IM Client, my requirement is just to grab the incoming message event. (Something like BroadcastReceiver for SMS?)


Is it possible to retrieve the Gtalk messages like you can retrieve SMS messages with a BroadcastReceiver?



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...