Saturday, April 13, 2013

[android help] java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol in android emulator


I am trying to run simple application to access internet from android emulator and here is my code. I am behind proxy and configured proxy settings in emulator by"...Wireless Networks -> APN -> ..." . But internet is working from browser and not from application.



HttpURLConnection connection = null;
String URLName = "http://www.google.com";

try {
URL u = new URL(URLName);
connection = (HttpURLConnection) u.openConnection();
connection.setRequestMethod("HEAD");
int code = connection.getResponseCode();
Log.d(TAG1, " " + code);
// You can determine on HTTP return code received. 200 is success.
} catch (MalformedURLException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (IOException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
Log.d(TAG1, e.toString());
}

finally {
if (connection != null) {
connection.disconnect();
}
}


The part of error log in Logcat is as follows:


01-11 01:01:26.308: DEBUG/SntpClient(72): request time failed: java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol


01-11 01:02:39.909: WARN/System.err(422): java.net.SocketException: The operation timed out


I tried the following options after searching in forum but none of them seems working:



  1. In android launch options I used -http-proxy server:port -dns-server server




  2. I have included internet permissions in manifest file


    uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"


    uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"




  3. Set the system properties to use ipv4 stack after someone suggested



    java.lang.System.setProperty("java.net.preferIPv4Stack", "true");
    java.lang.System.setProperty("java.net.preferIPv6Addresses", "false");


I am working on Android 2.2 and windows vista, can you please help me here...



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...