Saturday, April 13, 2013

[General] Need help with using an upgrade on ATT


Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I did a search of this forum and a few others, as well as a general Google search, and found nothing. Here's the situation:

We have a five-phone account with ATT. Three of the lines are smartphones with data plans (one large, two minimum, so no "unlimited" to worry about keeping). My wife and I are the two small-data plans. Our two phones are not eligible for upgrade until June 1st. My wife has had it with her phone and wants a new one, pronto. (She even threw it onto the floor of the car last week, out of frustration; that was a FIRST!)

Our other two lines are dumb-phones with no data, for mom and dad. Those are eligible for upgrade right now. I have heard some people say that you can use your upgrade (and, of course, sign a new 2-year extension) for one of these dumb-phone lines, but activate the phone on your line. Is it as easy as that, or do I have to jump through a bunch of hoops? If the former, I'll get something in the coming week; if not, I'll have to wait until June, assuming she doesn't toss it out the window before then.

Thanks for any assistance you can give!



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...