Saturday, April 13, 2013

[General] Help - Making the Transition to Cloud / Streaming Media


Get a Chromebook!

Seriously though, you have to find services that work for you. I buy a lot of my content through Amazon. It's where I have all my mp3s and ebooks. I'm rather fond of Amazon as autorip is a big thing for me since I still like owning CDs but don't own a laptop with an optical drive. Surprisingly though I don't own a Kindle Fire, so video is about all I don't do with Amazon.

By the way, I do use a Chromebook so most of my data is on Google Drive. This is fine but I still have a stack of SD cards and an external drive. Having backups is super important imo and just good computing. Most online storage services (Google Drive, etc.) offer a few gigs of space for free and generally don't purge your data if you stop paying for a sub and have more content than your limit on your account. In Google's case, they let you keep and download the data but you can't upload anything new.

If I didn't have my 100 gbs free from buying a chromebook, I'd probably be cheap and have several different accounts at different sites to take advantage of the free storage.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Tapatalk 2



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...