Friday, July 5, 2013

[General] Trouble with the music


Trouble with the music



Hello,

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB, with half of its memory gone by the courtesy of internal apps, I also bought a Sandisk 64GB MicroSD. I need this much space for my media files and books. I challenged the card's authenticity with a program called "h2testw" and it turned out ok. Then, I transferred all my songs to the card, which is about 20GB. I checked the songs' tags in the phone to see if they were alright with the programs "Music" and "Play Music" and they were all intact. Then I dumped the books, the movies and the the pics. After it the card was about 30GB full, but then the songs started to act weird. Some songs that had all of their title, album and artist tags had nothing but their file names and when I tried to play them a warning wrote "Unknown file format" or something like that showed up. These songs are all in mp3 format and when I mount and unmount the card this time other songs turn out to be "tagless". When I mount the card on my pc, songs play without a problem and with all the tags.

What might be causing this? I suspect that android may not be able to process all the data, even though it is advertised to be able to handle 64GB card. Can I fix it or will it take a firmware update?

Thank you in advance



.

forum.xda-developers.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...