Tuesday, April 16, 2013

[General] Exchange login failure with new phone seems to have corrupted my exchange account


I had a Galaxy S3 (4.1.2) working fine on exchange server 2003.

I broke the screen and replaced it with a Droid Razr Maxx HD (also 4.1.2) . I set-up the corporate exchange email account following normal procedures. It accepted everything using manual set-up, started syncing the exchange account (up to April 5th) then it started coming up with a incorrect username or password error. I verified the password and tried again until my exchange account locked me out.

I called IT, they verified username, password and server settings. unlocked my account, and I attempted to login in again 3 times unsuccessfully until it again locked me out. Rinse and repeat. If I factory reset the phone and unlock my exchange account, it will again initially work and start to sync, then go back to the same error.

They created a new user account for me as a test. Everything works fine on the new account. They are reluctant to delete my current exchange account and move me to another one because I work for a local government agency and all my activity is discoverable under the freedom of information act and this would greatly complicate things.

I tried to go back to my broken SIII, an now it will not log on to my exchange account either. Same username and password error as Razr Maxx HD.

I also grabbed a spare phone, a Samsung stratosphere (2.3.6) and my HP Touchpad runnning CM9 Tenderloin and both log on to my exchange account just fine.

Verizon says everything is provisioned correctly, that it is an exchange problem. My IT says nothing has changed at the exchange server and that my current account and the test account have the same settings.
HELP!



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...