Monday, April 15, 2013

[General] Storage menu in Settings never stops Calculating


Hello, I just bought a Huawei Y300 (Jelly Bean) a couple of days ago. Initially I would open the Storage menu in the Settings and it would show the actual amounts of memory available for apps, videos etc. Then a few hours later it started getting stuck on "calculating..." and never displayed the results anymore. I restarted the phone (or powercycled it, not sure anymore) and it displayed the results again, but only for a short while. A bit later the problem appeared again and I haven't been able to get it to work since.I haven't really done much with the phone - installed Nova Launcher and some apps and games etc., but no rooting or full backups or whatnot.

Right now it shows Phone Storage - 4GB total, Total Space - 14.81GB and all the subunits there (Apps, Pictures, videos, Downloads...) only show Calculating... Only the last item in that subsection, "Available", shows the actual amount - 14.38GB. If I open the "App Info" for any app, the storage information there also doesn't work - Total, App, Data all show Computing... and stay that way. Probably because of that the Clear Data button here is always greyed out so I can't clear it for any apps.

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I tried searching on the Internet but didn't find anything about this problem. If nothing else helps I'll try a factory reset, but I'd rather not have to install all my apps and enter all contacts again so I hope someone has some suggestion.



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...