Thursday, April 25, 2013

[General] Samsung Note II VZW - No data from WiFi or cell signal


As the title says, I'm getting no data from my home WiFi or 4G from the cell signal, despite them being shown as connected.
I noticed it just a few minutes ago. I was looking into Voodoo RootKeeper because I haven't updated to the latest OTA update and I've been wanting to soon, it was mentioned that SuperUser should be fully updated for it to work. While looking through SU settings, I noticed the option to set SU as a system app, so I did it. It rebooted and just before finishing the boot it had a message saying something about configuring apps (similar to what you would see after an update, I believe). Once it finished I was going to update some apps that needed updating and Play said it had no connection, checked Chrome and it was the same story. So here I am.

My Note II is on Verizon, it is rooted, also has an unlocked bootloader (which is why I've waited so long to do the OTA). I haven't updated since I got it at the beginning of December last year, so the current version I'm running is 4.1.1

Any help is really extremely appreciated; my smartphone becomes a dumb phone without any networking, dumb phones make me sad



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...