Thursday, April 25, 2013

[android help] Test data sources in Android unit testing


I want to test parsing of data returned from server.


I thought I might create several test XML files and then feed them to the sax parser which uses my custom data handler (as in the application that I test).


But where should I put those test XMLs?


I tried with [project_root]/res/xml, but then I get the error:


android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x7f040000 type #0x1c is not valid at android.content.res.Resources.loadXmlResourceParser(Resources.java:1870) at android.content.res.Resources.getXml(Resources.java:779)


Does that mean that the xml is invalid, or that android couldn't find the XML file? (I use the same XML that comes from the server - copied it from the firebug's net panel and pasted into the file).


Can I somehow read that XML as a text file, since getContext().getResources().getXml(R.xml.test_response1) returns XmlResourceParser instead of String (which I'd prefer)?



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...