Thursday, April 25, 2013

[General] 3 problems with a kyocera hydro phone


1 When I go to system settings > sound > phone ringtone (right now it is set to unknown ringtone) the "unknown ringtone" sounds like the gong from "the gong show" (for you young people the gong in question is an old Chinese gong). When I try to change the phones default ringtone. It will take and last maybe a few days to maybe a week then revert back to the Chinese gong ringtone (with the name unknown ringtone). The phone is rooted and I have checked every sound file and ringtone I could find (I only looked in the logical places were the ringtones would be stored). I even found the sound files for things like the keyboard click, the camera shutter click and so on. I played every sound file that I could find and no gong. That gong ringtone has to be in the phone somewere. I am a tech though I am better at Windows based stuff then Android/Linux Os, But I am learning. It took me about 2 months of reading everything I could find online about rooting before I even tried to root the phone. I also fix 2 way radios, a little background on me. I have never had a cell phone change ringtones on it's own like this and I am stumped.

2. This started a few days ago. The icon for the voice mail is up in the pull down menu on the very top of the phone even though there is no voice mail messages. I can't get the icon to go away. I have already tried pulling the battery for a few hours and no change.

3. This started last night. I have no internet available on the phone unless I turn on the wifi and tie into my wireless router. The voice and sms still work fine.

Anyone have any ideas short of chucking the phone and getting a new one?

Steve



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...