Thursday, September 19, 2013

[android help] Getting Image path from URI not working for Picasa folder


Getting Image path from URI not working for Picasa folder




Cursor cursor = contentResolver.query(uri, null, null, null, null);
cursor.moveToFirst();
String filePath = cursor.getString(cursor.getColumnIndexOrThrow(MediaColumns.DATA));



Unlike other folders like Camera, Screenshots, Foursquare etc.., The Pictures from Picasa folder have less no.of columns, of which _data is not there



and Hence I get the Exception:


java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: column'_data' does not exist


There is a column named picasa_id and a Constant in android:



MediaStore.Images.Media.PICASA_ID


Will that help in getting the correct image path?


Also if I had to download the image from the folder and save in my-app-images folder and then get the actual path. How will I even know that the image URI is from Picasa?



Read more

stackoverflow.comm



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...