Friday, July 19, 2013

[General] Nexus 7 tablet messed up beyond all belief. In urgent need of assistance!


Nexus 7 tablet messed up beyond all belief. In urgent need of assistance!



Hey Android Central, I desperately need your help. My 6 month old Nexus 7 went to hell in the past 5 days, it started force-closing apps on me, lagging, and finally it started to mess itself up so bad that all I could do was turn it off... Here's where it gets really weird: It won't turn off. I held down the power button, as any sensible person would when their device is acting up, and it just went black, then brings up the colored X. At first I thought that maybe this was an issue caused by my use of a strange app, maybe it was one of the deluge of apps that I'd downloaded with my $25 dollar gift card or some of the free ones I'd gotten that day. I managed to get the tablet back up and running after 25 minutes of BS by holding down the power button and the volume down button. After that I cleared my cache and deleted almost all of the apps I'd downloaded on Sunday night. From that point I took it slow, went on Chrome, checked out some info, read some of Name of the Wind, and then powered off and hit the hay after plugging it in. The next morning it worked like a dream: fast, fluidly, like always. After a few hours of use it began to slow down, then it got weird again, force-closing any app I tried to bring up, and finally getting down to the reset of doom. Once again it became a pitched battle between me, and my tablet. I tried so desperately to get it working... and I did! For now.

The rest of the day passed no issues, until the next morning (this time the battery was at 93 percent, so that pretty much rules out any battery issues that have inflicted this curse upon my tablet and me) it did this same thing twice, messing me over big time. After that I was getting really angry, but that whole, the WHOLE DAY, after that, it worked fine. When finally the next day rolled over I found the issues in my face first thing in the morning. It seemed as though, through all my valiant efforts, I had lost the fight... The X screen appeared, taunting me, it's full battery obviously doing nothing to help... Then it bricked. Black screen and nothing worked. This persisted through part of the day, but eventually was sorted out, and today, after it completely screwing me and giving me issues even getting into safe mode I began to gear up. I equipped myself with every ounce of knowledge I could have: I would perform this exorcism if it was the last thing I ever did with this tablet.

After reading and watching dozens of articles and videos I felt I was ready. From the official Asus and Google pages to the DIY guides of Youtube and Gizmodo, it was time to do this. The Hard Reboot. My hands were shaking as I hooked the USB up to my laptop and began to hold down upon the up, down, and power buttons of the Nexus 7 tablet, ready to win this infernal war as the damnable X laughed at me. I felt as though I had won the first stage, the flayed Android alien laying on the table, ready to be operated on. I made my way to the Recovery Mode and chose to reset it, to clear the all of the data and start over, I had to.

This should have worked... By all measures of Human logic this should have worked. At the main menu, the "Welcome, please select your settings" page, it happened again. I just couldn't shake it "Unfortunately: Setup Wizard has stopped," "Unfortunately: Settings has stopped" I can't even connect it to WiFi now, or sign in with my google account, and once again the colorful X sits across the table from me... Laughing.

Please, Androidcental, I've tried everything. Please read my ridiculously long synopsis of what happened, and PLEASE give me aid.
Thank you SO much, in advance.
~ Hunter D AKA NarcoticDragoon

Oh, EDIT: And thanks to my father who managed to get it running at least five of the times its done this, and his advice of troubleshooting.



Read more

forum.xda-developers.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...