Friday, July 26, 2013

[General] How to update a rooted device?


How to update a rooted device?



I'd like to stay away from flashing, so tell me if this works: Backup my Nexus 7, un-root and re-lock it, update to Android 4.3, re-root and unlock, and then restore from that backup. Would that work? Is there a program that roots 4.3 yet? The Nexus Root Toolkit doesn't seem to have the option, and it's what I used before. Also, would I even be able to use the 4.2.2 backup on 4.3, or would that mess it up? Sorry if these questions are simple to answer or stupid, I'm still kind of new at this entire rooting thing. Thanks!



Read more

forum.xda-developers.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...