Wednesday, June 5, 2013

[General] Charging / charger question I've never seen before


Charging / charger question I've never seen before



(Also posted in my usual hangout, the HTC One forums)

Maybe it has been asked, but I've never seen it, and I spend a LOT of hours every week (way too many) on tech blogs and message boards. So forgive me if I've just missed it.

Most experts and tech enthusiasts agree that OEM chargers are typically better than "cheap, import knockoffs". I've seen studies as to the cleanness, stability, and performance of the electrical current provided by the chargers of respected OEM brands, like Apple, Samsung, Motorola, HTC, etc. What I HAVEN'T seen and don't know is this: does the micro USB cable have anything to do with this quality, or is it merely the charging block/transformer?

So as with HDMI cables, are all micro USB "cables" the same, meaning they either work (carry the charge) or don't? (One reason I ask is I may prefer to use a longer/different cable but with the OEM charger.)



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...