Tuesday, June 4, 2013

[android help] JAVA_HOME not pointed at JDK


I know that this question has been asked several times, but none of the answers seem to have worked.


Short version: I need to get Ant to point to my JDK rather than my JRE.


Long version:


My issue is that I'm trying to do some Android automation, and I am using a Powershell script to kick this off. Once the Powershell script runs, JUnit tests are run via an Ant build. But when I build I get this error:



BUILD FAILED
C:\Android\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:598: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Android\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:713: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Android\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:727: Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
It is currently set to "C:\Android\Jre7"


I thought the problem might be that I didn't set the JAVA_HOME variable correctly, so I checked:


Here is the output of my JAVA_HOME run from my command line:



C:\Android\JDK


Here is the output when I run set in command line:



C:\Android\JDK


Here is the output when I run $env:$JAVA_HOME from the Powershell command line



C:\Android\JDK


Everywhere I look, it seems that the JAVA_HOME path is set to:



C:\Android\JDK


I have also tried to update the build.xml file in Android, but that didn't work. I looked at the ant.bat file, but that didn't help. I'm really at a loss on this.


Here is my PATH:



PATH=C:\Android\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\platform-tools;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Microsoft Online Services;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Fil
es\Microsoft Shared\Microsoft Online Services;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\
windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Android\JDK\bin;C:\Android\apache-ant-1.9.1\bin;C:\Android\android-ndk-r8e;C:\Android\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\tools;C\perl\x86\bin;C:\Android\JDK\bin;


Here is a list of the links I have looked at and tried:


Java ant Eclipse run error


Ant build not working: unable to find a javac compiler


Java ant Eclipse run error


Why does ANT tell me that JAVA_HOME is wrong when it is not?


I'm sure there are a couple more, but I can't remember everything I've tried, but I've spent a couple hours on this now.


I am running Windows 8, on a Dell PC. I have JDK 7 installed, along with the Android Eclipse and SDK. I am using Ant 1.9.1


If I left anything out, I'm sorry.


Any help would be appreciated.



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...