Thursday, April 4, 2013

I can't enable Netflix


Please bear with me if I use a term or word that might not be exact. English is not my first language, and my Android isn't in English - hence, terms such as "enable" and "install" are my own translations to what the menus show me.

I have a Motorola RazR with Android 4.0.4, and it has Netflix as a root installed app. Worked fine until today's update, and I started to get an 13000 connection error. Tried to solve it myself and I've foolishly reverted back to the first version. However, my phone came with Android 2.X (can't remember), and that may have messed things up a little bit.

Netflix vanished and was replaced with a com.netflix.mediacenter app if I recall correctly. Opening Play Store would show the app as being installed already. Rebooted my phone, and it now showed as ready to install. I've installed it, but it shows as Disabled. If I click on Enabled on the Play Store, Google Play Store crashes. If I click on the Apps configuration for Android, it doesn't show up the option to Enable the app (it shows as force stop, revert to the original version, no enabling button).

What to do? Remove completely? I can't seem to be able to do this without rooting the phone. How to proceed?



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...