Tuesday, April 30, 2013

[General] Getting Volume Keys to Wake the Screen


I bought a Cobalt SP300 on eBay and one of its faults is that the power button on top is a little shallow and hard to push...unfortunately it's the only way to wake the screen. I really want to use the volume keys to wake up the screen. I've tried a button remapper app (didn't work correctly) and tried an app called No Lock which disables the lock screen and allows you to wake the screen with the volume keys. The problem with it is that it only works like 10% of the time and I like the lock screen as well.

I think my only other option at this point is to manually try to edit the files. I found out how to root my phone and then through root explorer went to system/usr/keylayout and there is a file I think maps the buttons: mt6575-kpd.kl

I find




key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE_DROPPED

key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE_DROPPED

key 113 MUTE WAKE_DROPPED

key 112 POWER WAKE

So I see the volume keys say WAKE_DROPPED instead of just wake. According to a search I did by what the dropped part means, it should still wake the screen but it doesn't. Would it be sensible to edit these to only wake? Do I chance bricking my phone doing this? I tried to backup my phone using MTKDroidTools but I can't get the backup function to work...


.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...