Tuesday, April 30, 2013

[android help] "Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory"


I am new to Android development and bought a cheap Huawei Sonic (U8650 apparently) so I could test my first attempts at making an app on an actual device.


However, whenever I try to use 'adb logcat' or 'adb shell' then 'logcat' on the device I get:



Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory


I have already enabled Usb debugging in Settings -> Developer.


I just don't know enough about Android to know if this is something I can even fix.


I have found two other questions with similar problems:


/dev/log/main not found


??-?? ??:??:??.???: INFO/(): Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory


...but they both turned out to be using some kind of non standard kernel that had logging disabled. Mine is a stock phone out of the box.


It's a very cheap but snappy Android 2.3 phone, so hopefully it wasn't a total waste of money.


Any help would be greatly appreciated.



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...