Sunday, April 28, 2013

[General] Frustrated with backup / root of android phone - Samsung galaxy grand - pls help


Frustrated with backup / root of android phone - Samsung galaxy grand - pls help

Hi Experts,
I have been reading and reading and reading threads and posts from last so many days to make sure I understand before rooting my newly purchased Samsung galaxy grand I9082.

However even after trying my best I am still confused. Pls help me clarify following questions.

Pls see my phone's existing firmware / OS status: Refer link below or attached screenshot

Q 1. I trust my above phone is right now having latest firmware from Samsung? How do i root without downgrading my firmware?
(Many forum posts seems to suggest rooting process but it downgrades firmware i believe)

Q2. After rooting can i continue to use Kies?

Q3. After rooting can i continue to update Samsung future updates?

Q4. What’s best effective backup method before rooting?

Q5. Will it be possible to safely revert back to position right now after rooting?

Pls address my questions in sufficient detail so that I can realize my dream of rooted android phone.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Anxiously looking forward for your helpful replies to move forward pls.



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...