Thursday, April 11, 2013

[General] camera swap


Is it possible to buy a phone...be it samsung, lg, motorola or whatever that has a 5mp camera and then buy a 8mp replacement camera from a nicer model and swap out the 5mp with the 8pm and have a potentially average phone with an amazing camera?

I swapped out the camera in an htc and it just snaped out and the new one snapped in but that was the same camera, it had just gone bust. So is whatever makes it 8mp vs 5mp in the camera itself or is it part of the components/chips built into the phone thus rendering a swap to a better camera pointless?

My situation...I have metro...and my wife keeping wanting to get an iphone...:-( because it takes such great pictures. I tried to appease her by getting her a sprint HTC evo and having it flashed over to metro...the prob is it keeps going into boot loops and runs much slower then it should. I have tried to trouble shoot but to no avail! Every time it goes a-wall my wife says she is going to go to AT&T and buy an iphone. So to avoid this potential catastrophy I want to get a metro phone...no flash=no bootloops...but with a nice camera...8mp like she has in her htc. But the only one metro has is $500 which is stupidly more then I would spend on a phone! Hence my dilema! I need a cheaper metro phone with an awesome camera...if you can think of any other way to accomplish this I am all ears!!

Thanks all! You know what they say..."happy wife, happy life!"



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...