Thursday, April 11, 2013

[android help] CursorLoader with Cursor accsss inside a loop


I'm building a ListView, and each item in the ListView has data from several different Cursors. I've got an object which holds all the data for each item in the ListView. I'm using an ArrayList of these objects to populate the ListView.


The way I'm implementing it now, I first get a Cursor to all the rows in ContentProvider A. I loop through this cursor, adding three of it's fields to each object in the ArrayList. On each iteration of this loop, a new cursor is created to pull a field from ContentProvider B based on a field in ContentProvider A. This field is used to pull another field in ContentProvider C. So, essentially, there's lot's of Cursors being created, and the queries of subsequent Cursors are dependent on data from previous Cursors.


From what I understand, it is ideal to use CursorLoaders and LoaderManager to generate the Cursors in a separate thread and manage their life cycle correctly. I'm not sure how to translate this approach, or if there is in fact a better approach that minimizes the number of Cursors in the first place.



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...