Thursday, April 18, 2013

[android help] Initial lag when starting Android App


I'm working on a chess type app for the Android platform (using Eclipse and standard Java / XML connection). This isn't for school or anything, just a personal project after learning some of the fundamentals to "get my feet wet."


Anyway, my question isn't due to a direct problem, more to what I've viewing when I open the emulator and what I see in the logcat.


Generally, when I hit run for any app, the emulator takes its standard time loading it, but when it does, the main activity loads right away. However, for this app, I'm experiencing a lag after the app loads, and when I quickly glance over to the logcat, it shows a TON of orange messages being generated...and then it displays my board (the app atm is just displaying a board).


Here is the HUGE logcat activity (sorry about the pastebin, but I'm new to this site and was having difficulty formatting this properly): http://pastebin.com/skc8SXqN


And here are my xml and java files: http://pastebin.com/8ByBQ0TA


My question is...is there any obvious reason for why the ~5 second lag occurs between the app loading and the board showing up? The incredibly large logcat output is all directed to the imageview...so am I doing something heinously inefficient there?



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...