Thursday, October 31, 2013

Using Wi-Fi only for android? [General]


Using Wi-Fi only for android?



Not sure if this is the right area to post this, so apologies if it's not. :P
I'm sick of dealing with Straight Talk putting me on a constant throttle, to the point where I've been averaging 2kbs per second since Saturday. That's not just throttle, that's unusable. I want to go another route and use Wi-Fi only. I get Wi-Fi nearly everywhere I go except home (and a Tracfone in case I'm in need of a phone and out of range of Wi-Fi), so I'm looking for a good internet provider. I wouldn't use much, if any, data on the computer, it'd be 99%-100% for my android only. I'd use VoIP services so my android can still be everything an android can be. Plus, I wouldn't have to worry about finding an unlocked phone online when buying a new one. Unlocked or not, it'd still work fine with the Wi-Fi/VoIP method. What provider do you know or have used that:
Either has unlimited data (preferred) or a lot of data (like 10gbs).
Is decently fast. Anything faster than a megabyte per second is fine by me. Hell, at this point, even 200kbs per second would often be faster than what I get). I'm not looking for speeds that would download a whole freakin movie in 5 seconds, but a decent speed that doesn't make me want to throw my phone out the window.
I'm currently looking at Wild Blue satellite internet, which is $60 for 10gbs and is fast (supposedly). But I don't know what people think of that company.
I know zilch about any of this so ANY info is appreciated!!



Read more

forum.xda-developers.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...